- Shands Teaching Hosp. & Clinics, Inc. v. Beylotte, No. 1D22-1277, 2023 WL 2398564 (Fla. 1st DCA Mar. 8, 2023). Privileged and confidential status of patient safety work product under federal Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act.
- Solomon v. Shands Teaching Hosp. & Clinics, Inc., 353 So. 3d 677 (Fla. 1st DCA 2022). Immunity and exemption from ad valorem taxation; equitable ownership by state.
- Hayes v. Southern Baptist Hosp. of Fla., et al., No. 1D21-3140, 2022 WL 16847842 (Fla. 1st DCA Nov. 10, 2022) (PCA opinion). Admissibility of expert testimony under Daubert standard.
- Santana Equestrian Private Fin’l, LLC v. Richtmyer, 349 So. 3d 441 (Fla. 4th DCA 2022). Replevin; good faith purchaser in ordinary course of business.
- Univ. of Fla. Bd. of Trustees v. Carmody, 331 So. 3d 236 (Fla. 1st DCA 2021), review granted, SC22-68 (Fla. May 25, 2022). Scope of certiorari review when plaintiff fails to comply with presuit requirements.
- Ellison v. Willoughby, 326 So. 3d 214 (Fla. 2d DCA 2021). Setoff, collateral source rule.
- King v. King, 313 So. 3d 887 (Fla. 1st DCA 2021). Complex dissolution of marriage action, involving business valuation, personal goodwill, and alimony.
- EFP Recovery Servs., LLC v. Law Offices of Gonzalez & Assocs., LLC, 301 So. 3d 904 (Fla. 1st DCA 2020). Qui tam action.
- Goodman Distrib., Inc. v. Williams, 298 So. 3d 8 (Fla. 1st DCA 2020). False statement to collection agency regarding a debt; punitive damages.
- Office Depot, Inc. v. AIG Specialty Insurance Co., 829 F. App’x 263 (9th Cir. 2020). Represented appellee in upholding summary judgment against claim for insurance coverage and indemnification of Office Depot’s fees and settlement of qui tam action brought under California False Claims Act on behalf of state purchasers of office supplies.
- Dukes v. Michelin N. Am., Inc., 271 So. 3d 980 (Fla. 4th DCA 2019). Obtained affirmance of a jury verdict in favor of her client in an $80 million product liability case. Christine also served as appellate counsel during the trial of this matter, which occurred over a 10-week period.
- Stanchi v. Univ. of Miami, 263 So. 3d 1131 (Fla. 5th DCA 2019). Obtained affirmance of summary judgment in favor of her client in a matter dealing with a university’s liability to its students.
- Shands Jacksonville Med. Ctr., Inc. v. Pusha, 254 So. 3d 1076 (Fla. 1st DCA 2018). Granting certiorari petition in medical malpractice case, holding that health care provider did not waive its right to a corroborating presuit expert affidavit when, before providing requested medical records, it sought to verify that the person requesting the records was legally entitled to receive them.
- Zahoruiko v. Fed. Ins. Co., 717 F. App’x 50 (2d Cir. 2018). Insurance coverage action, involving timely notification of claim to insurer under directors and officers liability policy.
- Paylan v. Teitelbaum, 798 F. App’x 458 (11th Cir. 2017). Action against university-operated health clinic for retaliation, unlawful detention, false imprisonment, fraud.
- Anapolsky v. Nat’l Union Fire Ins. Co. of Pittsburgh, 707 F. App’x 949 (11th Cir. 2017). Provided trial support during week-and-a-half trial and handled appeal in insurance coverage matter involving, among other things, applicability of contractual liability exclusion.
- Brownsville Manor, LP v. Redding Dev. Partners, LLC, 224 So. 3d 891 (Fla. 1st DCA 2017). Bid protest relating to affordable housing tax credits; interpretation of request for applications.
- Arizona Chem. Co., LLC v. Mohawk Indus., Inc., 197 So. 3d 99 (Fla. 1st DCA 2016). Obtained reversal of $15 million award of prejudgment interest based on improper accrual date.
- Goodwin v. Dep’t of Children & Families, 194 So. 3d 1042 (Fla. 1st DCA 2016). Ability to deduct pre-eligibility nursing home expenses in calculating Medicaid payment.
- Goodwin v. Agency for Health Care Admin., 194 So. 3d 1041 (Fla. 1st DCA 2016). Class certification.
- Arizona Chem. Co., LLC v. Mohawk Indus., Inc., 193 So. 3d 95 (Fla. 1st DCA 2016). Provided trial support during three-week jury trial and handled appeal in complex breach of warranty dispute involving more than $100 million in claimed damages.
- Morris v. Muniz, 189 So. 3d 348 (Fla. 1st DCA 2016). Dismissal of medical malpractice lawsuit for failure to comply with statutory presuit notice requirements.
- Companion Prop. & Cas. Ins. Co. v. Category 5 Mgmt. Grp., LLC, 189 So. 3d 905 (Fla. 1st DCA 2016). Applicability of contingency fee multiplier to attorneys’ fee award in insurance coverage dispute.
- Langley v. Nursecore Mgmt. Servs. LLC, 183 So. 3d 359 (Fla. 2d DCA 2015). Medical malpractice action involving obligation of nurse employed by home health agency to carry EpiPens.
- Shands Teaching Hosp. & Clinics, Inc. v. Estate of Lawson, 175 So. 3d 327 (Fla. 1st DCA 2016). Whether lawsuit involved claim for ordinary negligence or medical malpractice, requiring compliance with presuit notice requirements.
- Carvelli v. Marchand, 166 So. 3d 797 (Fla. 4th DCA 2015). Provided trial support during jury trial and handled appeal in medical malpractice action involving nursing obligations.
- O’Neil v. Walton Cty., 149 So. 3d 699 (Fla. 1st DCA 2014). Challenge to development order approving planned unit development.
- Evanston Ins. Co. v. Design Build Interamerican, Inc., 569 F. App’x 739 (11th Cir. 2014). Insurance coverage under commercial general liability policy. Interpretation of employer liability and separation of insureds provisions.
- Anapolsky v. Nat’l Union Fire Ins. Co. (S.D. Fla. Sept. 26, 2013). Provided trial support during jury trial involving large claim under directors and officers insurance policy.
- Kearney v. Kearney, 129 So. 3d 381 (Fla. 1st DCA 2013). Validity of post-nuptial agreement; valuation of closely held corporation; prejudgment interest; attorneys’ fees.
- Whitney Nat’l Bank v. Golf Strategies, LLC, 125 So. 3d 985 (Fla. 2d DCA 2013). Action on promissory note reformation; bankruptcy.
- Rhea v. Dist. Bd. of Trs. of Santa Fe Coll., 109 So. 3d 851 (Fla. 1st DCA 2013). Public records disclosure; Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Citrus Mem’l Health Found., Inc. v. Citrus Cty. Hosp. Bd., 108 So. 3d 675 (Fla. 1st DCA 2013). Constitutionality of special law relating to hospital governance.
- Graham v. Haridopolos, 108 So. 3d 597 (Fla. 2013). Constitutionality of Legislature’s ability to set tuition and fees for state universities.
- RTI Biologics, Inc. v. Lexington Ins. Co. (Fla. Cir. Ct. 2011-2016). Large commercial insurance coverage dispute for alleged mass tort.
- InteliStaf Healthcare, Inc. v. Gervato, 91 So. 3d 267 (Fla. 1st DCA 2012). Medical malpractice; scope of new trial.
- Fitchner v. LifeSouth Cmty. Blood Ctrs., Inc., 88 So. 3d 269 (Fla. 1st DCA 2012). Medical malpractice; appeal relating to presuit notice for blood banks and legal causation.
- Swenson v. Am. Ammunition, 78 So. 3d 736 (Fla. 4th DCA 2012). Forum selection; product liability.
- Fla. Dep’t of Fin. Servs. v. Nat’l Union Fire Ins. Co. (N.D. Fla. Mar. 7, 2012). Insurance coverage dispute involving large claim under directors and officers insurance policy.
- McKesson Medication Mgmt., LLC v. Slavin, 75 So. 3d 798 (Fla. 3d DCA 2011). Medical malpractice; duty of care owed by pharmacy services provider to hospital patient.
- N. Pointe Cas. Ins. Co. v. Arden Ins. Assocs., Inc., 75 So. 3d 798 (Fla. 4th DCA 2011). Renewal of insurance policy; construction of additional insureds provision.
- Phillips Capital, Inc. v. Crestview, LLC, 492 F. App’x 948 (11th Cir. 2012). Rights and obligations under contract.
- Galencare, Inc. v. Mosley, 59 So. 3d 138 (Fla. 2d DCA 2011). Whether presuit notice required for claim against pharmacists.
- Arbor Prop., Inc. v. Lake Jackson Prot. All., Inc., 51 So. 3d 502 (Fla. 1st DCA 2010). Challenge to development order’s consistency with comprehensive plan.
- Council for Secular Humanism, Inc. v. McNeil, 44 So. 3d 112 (Fla. 1st DCA 2010). Applicability of no-aid provision of Florida Constitution.
- President’s Council of SD, Inc. v. Walton Cty., 36 So. 3d 764 (Fla. 1st DCA 2010). Challenge to development order’s consistency with comprehensive plan.
- Fla. Power & Light Co. v. Fla. Pub. Serv. Comm’n, 31 So. 3d 860 (Fla. 1st DCA 2010). Public records; confidentiality exception.
- Villa Capri Assoc., Ltd. v. Fla. Housing Fin. Corp., 23 So. 3d 795 (Fla. 1st DCA 2009). Fairness of administrative hearing; right to records.
- Harper Mech., LLC v. Hunt Constr. Grp., 23 So. 3d 772 (Fla. 5th DCA 2009). Construction payment dispute.
- Creative Choice XXV, Ltd. v. Fla. Housing Fin. Corp., 991 So. 2d 899 (Fla. 1st DCA 2008). Agency interpretation of statute.
- McCalister v. Sch. Bd. of Bay Cty., 971 So. 2d 1020 (Fla. 1st DCA 2008). Constitutional and statutory authority of school superintendents.
- LifeSouth Cmty. Blood Ctrs., Inc. v. Fitchner, 970 So. 2d 379 (Fla. 1st DCA 2007). Medical malpractice; presuit notice.
- Sch. Bd. of Miami-Dade Cty. v. King, 940 So. 2d 593 (Fla. 1st DCA 2006). Constitutional challenge to method of distributing state education funds.
Representative Amicus Briefs
- United Ins. Co. of Am. v. Patronis, SC20-1306 (Fla. 2022); 299 So. 3d 1152 (Fla. 1st DCA 2020). Constitutionality of statute imposing new obligations on life insurance companies.
- Prentice v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co., 338 So. 3d 831 (Fla. 2022). Applicability of claim preclusion and stare decisis.
- Harvey v. Geico Ins. Co., 259 So. 3d 1 (Fla. 2018). Scope of bad faith liability in Florida.
- Gator Coin II, Inc. v. Fla. Dep’t of Bus. & Prof’l Reg., 253 So. 3d 1113 (Fla. 1st DCA 2018). Determination of whether gaming device was illegal slot machine.
- Dep’t of Rev. v. DirecTV, Inc., 215 So. 3d 46 (Fla. 2017). Constitutionality of state sales tax provision providing differential rates to service providers.
- Fla. Bar re Advisory Op.–Scharrer v. Fundamental Admin. Servs., 176 So. 3d 1273 (Fla. 2015). Whether certain activities by in-house counsel not licensed in the state constitutes the unauthorized practice of law.
- DirecTV, Inc. v. Dep’t of Rev., 218 So. 3d 895 (Fla. 1st DCA 2015). Constitutionality of sales tax provision providing differential rates to service providers.
- Bondi v. Tucker, 93 So. 3d 1106 (Fla. 1st DCA 2012). Constitutionality of prison privatization legislation.
- Atwater v. City of Weston, 64 So. 3d 701 (Fla. 1st DCA 2011). Constitutional validity of growth management statute; whether governor or individual legislators are proper parties to lawsuit challenging statute’s constitutionality.
Representative Jury Trials Providing Appellate Trial Support
- Bd. of Trs. of Fla. Annual Conf. of United Methodist Church, Inc. v. Bayshore Christian School, Inc. (Fla. 13th Cir. Ct. 2023). Prescriptive easement, unjust enrichment, equitable lien.
- Mendez v. Oracle Elevator Co. (Fla. 17th Cir. Ct. 2022). Negligence.
- Rubinstein v. Keshet Family Trust (S.D. Fla. 2019). Real property action involving claim for rescission of hotel purchase.
- Gaddy v. Terex Corp. (N.D. Ga. 2019). Product liability.
- Williams v. Goodman Distribution Co. (Fla. 3d Cir. Ct. 2018). Intentional slander of credit and defamation.
- Lord v. Vanderbilt Minerals, LLC (Fla. 10th Cir. Ct. 2018). Product liability.
- Ariz. Chem. Co. v. Mohawk Indus., Inc. (Fla. 4th Cir. Ct. 2016). Breach of warranty; breach of contract.
- Nguyen v. Lauderdale Marine Ctr., Inc. (Fla. 17th Cir. Ct. 2015). Negligent training and supervision.
- Coomes Oil & Supply Co. v. Fla Rock & Tank Lines. (Fla. 7th Cir. Ct. 2015). Negligence.
- Edwards v. Fla. Baptist Convention (Fla. 5th Cir. Ct. 2014). Negligent hiring and retention.
- Carvelli v. Marchand (Fla. 17th Cir. Ct. 2013). Medical malpractice.
- Anapolsky v. National Union Fire Ins. Co. of Pittsburgh, Pa. (S.D. Fla. 2013). Insurance coverage.
- Battle v. Boston Scientific Corp. (Fla. 2d Cir. Ct. 2013). Negligence.
- Gervato v. InteliStaf Healthcare, Inc. (Fla. 8th Cir. Ct. 2013). Medical malpractice action.
- Corbett v. Arctic Cat, Inc. (Fla. 3d Cir. Ct. 2013). Product liability.
- Ghionzoli v. Tree of Life (Fla. 4th Cir. Ct. 2013). Negligence.
- McGowan v. Endo-Ethicon Servs., Inc. (Fla. 1st Cir. Ct. 2011). Product liability action involving medical device.
- Bray & Gillespie Mgmt., LLC v. Lexington Ins. Co. (M.D. Fla. 2010). Insurance coverage.
- Earl v. State, 314 So. 3d 1253 (Fla. 2021).
- Acevedo v. State, 218 So. 3d 878 (Fla. 2017).
- Kelley v. State, 974 So. 2d 1047 (Fla. 2007).
- Bush v. State, 945 So. 2d 1207 (Fla. 2006).
- Van Loan v. Downey, 915 So. 2d 203 (Fla. 1st DCA 2005).
- State v. Richardson, 915 So. 2d 86 (Fla. 2005).